Thursday, January 18, 2018

He Won't Dance, Don't Ask Him




            Recently my husband and I were invited to a huge celebration. It was a very big deal and I was excited to go. I went out and got a pretty dress. The Hubster looked handsome in his suit. and off we went...

I knew that the venue would look beautiful

     I knew the food would be delicious

         I knew the music would be awesome      


I also knew one other thing....that my hubby would not want to dance with me.


let me back-track a bit.


I have ALWAYS loved dancing...always.

music plays and my feet just GO.

Am I a good dancer? I don't really know or care.
                   lucy GIF
                                                    source

When I first met my husband, I learned rather quickly that as much as I love to dance he felt the exact opposite. I thought "Well, OK he doesn't like to dance. Its no big deal."

 I never really think about it until we are at a wedding or other celebration and I'm sitting at a table tapping my feet, watching other couples dancing and having fun. 
                               Dog Gif GIF
                                                 source

Usually I can convince him to dance one or maybe even two songs with me, but I know he would rather sit there with his delicious plate of appetizers talking and making new friends.

Recently our pastor (who used to teach ballroom dance) offered a beginners dance class for couples. As much as I wanted to take the class I didn't sign up or even mention it to my husband because well...you know.... HE HATES TO DANCE!


Imagine my surprise when he came home and suggested that we sign up! He knew it would make me happy.

So there we were at the dance classes, learning the Cha cha, Waltz and Foxtrot. We even learned the tango. We certainly were not the best students, but we sure had fun and we actually looked forward to the lessons.

 I didn't think that we would actually get to dance these dances any time soon after the end of the lessons, but I did think that my husband would want to at least dance with me.

So, fast-forward to the big party. 

We sat down and...

                           and...
       
                      and...
                                           
                                                 he sat with his plate of appetizers and conversed with friends who were also invited. The music was playing, my feet were tapping and to my dismay the Hubster did not ask me to dance. Finally when I could not take it any more I took his hand and we entered the dreaded dance floor and danced a few songs...

...Just a few and then we sat down again.

The hubster will never ever want to hit the dance floor and I will never ever want to leave it once I'm there. These things about us will never change. But when all is said and done... 

                     He will always tell me I look pretty when we get ready to go out. 
                     He will always look out for me and make sure that he gets my drink (a seltzer water with a lemon twist)
                     and He always gets a little extra from the dessert table to share with me even if I have a plate already. 

                     And after 28 years together he still wants to hold my hand.
                                                        ders GIF
                                                                   source



He doesn't dance and that's OK. 


        I dance enough for the both of us
 sylvan esso home GIF
                                      source






4 comments:

  1. So romantic! Who cares if he dances or not, he is a good husband where it counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, I guess he's a keeper...just like your sweet Hubby!

      Delete
  2. What a good story of the attitude it takes to make a marriage work! Happy 28th! It works off the dance floor 😆

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!