Friday, January 05, 2018

Didn't Plan on This





                Baby, it's cold outside......
                                        

                        A bit over a year ago My husband and daughter decided that they would run in the big marathon at Disney. They signed up and paid the entrance fee. They trained for a year. They each encouraged each other through Face Time and texts. My daughter trained at college and the hubster trained here. We paid for plane tickets and booked the hotel. My son and I would be their biggest cheerleaders and we were so excited to spend a few days away in sunny Florida right after the holidays.

We were packed
         Image result for overstuffed suitcase cartoon' 
                         source

I stopped the mail


We boarded our dog in a really awesome doggy daycare.
                               Image result for spoiled dog
                                                    source



                                 WE WERE READY!


Then we got hit by a huge blizzard with gale force winds that affected the whole eastern seaboard (even Florida!)  and worked its way up.
Image result for snow storm of 2018



Our flight was Image result for flight cancelledand so were all the others.
                                
We had to call the hotel and cancel our reservation and they were so kind and understanding they even returned our deposit.

 Instead of traveling to the airport...we all changed into our PJs and watched a scary movie and played board games.

As the wind howled during the night I thought about how our plans went down the drain. My daughter was so sad and this cancelled trip was just the cherry on top of a huge sour sundae.
This has not been the greatest holiday season for any of us. As much as we tried to make the best of it...it just wasn't.

These few days were supposed to make up for that.

So now we're stuck inside, playing board games and watching movies and I have to admit....its not so bad. We're all together, we're all safe and we are all warm (this includes our dog Max because early this morning I ventured out and got him from the boarding place).

So we are all together....let it snow and let the wind howl...It's is well with my soul.

                Praying you are all warm and safe too!
                Blessings, Joanne





8 comments:

  1. So sorry! But now you still have it to look forward to! I MISS you! How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny! Its been a crazy time of late. Right now we are bracing for record low temps...How is it by you?

      Delete
  2. The East and Midwest have really been hit hard! Sorry that last year was such a loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! This weather is crazy isn't it? I hope you are staying warm!

      Delete
  3. You made the best of a disappointment! I am so tired of this cold! in GA we are not used to it. We finally get back to normal tomorrow, 50 yay! Hope yall do too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I am definitely not a winter person.☹️
      It's supposed to warm up on Friday and I'm sooooooo looking forward to that! Have an awesome day!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh, it is crazy how some people have been hit so hard. And then there is us, the state that is suppose to get snow. Nothing! Even our mountains are suffering. People are wearing shorts and t-shirts in January. It is a crazy year!! Sorry, you didn't get to go, but glad that you made the best of things.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jann, Shorts and t-shirts? can you send some of that warmth our way? LOL!

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!