Saturday, January 04, 2020

His First Road Trip




So my son is going on his first unchaperoned "Guy's road trip".

Let it be known that I, Joanne (AKA nervous Mom) was never on board with this stupid stinkin' idea.

He's 18

Leaving in the middle of the night

Going out of state

to go snowboarding

(He's never gone snowboarding before)

In a huge truck

I HATE this stupid stinkin' idea

I HATE the fact that both my kids are old enough to do these things on their own and to top things off the HUBSTER is on board with the STUPID STINKIN" IDEA.

All I know is that my son just left and its 3:30 am and I'm up and The Hubster is fast asleep.

I feel like slowly pushing him off the bed until his snoring body hits the floor!

OK, Listen up people...I know that my son is old enough to vote and fight for his country ( though I doubt the armed forces would take a kid who needs three alarms to get up in the morning and still I have to yell for him to get the heck out of bed!!! Tuition is 40,000 a year and heck yeah I'm going to yell! But I still see him as teeny tiny and needing to hold my hand.

So my son is off and I worry about ever possible scenario.

                              Drunk drivers

City police to keep close watch on drunk drivers
      
                      source







                         

                                               

                                                           Speeding
                                        
                                         High Speed cameras meet low cost with ON-SEMI Python ...

                                                                            source



                                                 Bad Weather
                                                   
                                                         Little Rain Tornado Rainstorm GIF - LittleRain ...
                                                   source

                                             

 And Shameless Hussies 
                                                                         
                                                                           Vintage GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Mae west, Hollywood ...                     Source

     
So as you can tell, I don't particularly like this new stage in Momhood...and if I were to be graded...I'd get an "F" for being uncooperative, talking too much and not playing nice. I need detention...that's right put me in a quiet room where all I have to do is read or sleep.....heaven.


4 comments:

  1. You wouldn't be a good mom if you didn't worry! That is our job. But on the bright side, it is good he is doing this, and not drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny! Yes I guess I should look on the bright side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom antenna is still up, and my kids are 40. You are following age old instincts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Thanks! Glad to know that I'm in good company! :0)

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!