Tuesday, April 09, 2013

"Mom, there's this boy..."




So....

           My Daughter came to me and told me there's this boy....




Rational Mom response in BLUE

Mom's inside voice in RED



                                     "Mom, there's this boy....


"Oh....OK go on."

"Oh, hell no....go to your room!"

                                 

                                       ...and he's really nice"    


"Oh...OK...I would hope so."


"There are no "Nice boys" at fifteen... they are all hormone seething, boobie obsessed werewolves!"

                       
                         "Well, I like him...and he likes me too"



"OK, tell me a bit more about him."

"Go to your room and don't come out 'til you're 30!"



                            "He goes to a church regularly and he's really sweet."



"Well so far so good."


"Oh...PLA-ease!"

 

                                      
                              "He wants me to be his girlfriend."



"Well, I don't blame him. You are a beautiful, smart young lady."

"Oh no he di-n't!"



                                         "I wanted to ask you first."



"I appreciate that. When you say "Girlfriend" what does that mean to you?"

"I said ROOM....NOW....'til 30!!!! And if I hear the words, kissing, car dates or see any hint of hickeys. I might be going to jail!"

                                   

                                        "Well, we'd probably just hold hands."



"Yes, holding hands is OK I guess."


"Right,....ahem..."holding hands"....is that the new lingo for making out? Yep, I'm headed for jail for sure."



                                           "So...Mom....what's your answer?"




"I'll have to think about it and both Dad and I have to talk to you later."

"Before I talk to your Father I'm going to Mexico because doctors here don't have enough legal prescription drugs available that will fix the anxiety I feel right now! Are ya happy now?...Mama is about to become a drugged out zombie! Dr. Phil here I come!"


                                                
                                   "How do you think Dad will react?"



"Most likely He will react just like I did ."


"I'll call the paramedics."

                                               monsters inc monster GIF
                                                             source
                                                         
                                           

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ginny, you are so right when it comes to this. I am having such a hard time with this stage in her life.

      Delete
  2. Had the first official girlfriend thing in this house and I am sure all they ever did was hold hands. Really

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad that worrysome part of my life is over. Turned me into a raving lunatic it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had almost the EXACT same conversation with my daughter about four months ago. I'll be praying for us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be praying for us both too! Thank Ma, so nice to know I'm not alone in this :o)

      Delete
  5. LOL!!! Welcome to the world of teenagers. I am sure everything will work out fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth...Oh, if I could only go back to when her true love the disney's Buzz Lightyear!

      Delete
  6. Oh my...what a challenge in these times. I raised 4 sons! I always thought they were probably easier than girls! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a big challenge...I'm leaning on God....and eating lots o chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get on your knees and start praying, right now. GPS implants will be available soon, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Joanne! Bless your heart! Your daughter is extremely blessed to have such a calm mother, even if your insides are boiling over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy, would you mind calling my daughter and letting her know?! LOL!

      Delete
  10. I'm laughing about the "Go to your room until you're 30" line. Oh Joanne, I actually think that's amazing that she asked for your permission first. How many kids do that? I've never heard of that. It sounds like you can trust her. I know, that's not the issue. The issue is that a teen boy is a teen boy. All I can say is keep breathing, and keep faith.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn, I'll keep my eye on that teenage wolf!

      Delete
  11. Oh hun I'm not sure the blue would win in my world my red creeps out more then I would like ... lol.

    I'm so not ready for dating! I know having boys will be me trying to make sure they aren't that boy the parents think of in their heads ... oh man now I'm going to over analysis this all day ... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis, enjoy every minute while they're little...before you know it they are teens.......oops I just realized that I probably am not helping your anxiety one bit! Lol

      Delete
  12. This is so funny...but how we feel about our kids Loves. They grow up so fast

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha that is so true and make me really glad i have a son

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!