Tuesday, October 08, 2013

That Rascal Murphy




Murphy's Law~Anything that can go wrong will go wrong


                   Just my luck.



        Murphy has decided to visit and has completely worn out his welcome.


             It started on Sunday when I was running just two minutes late for my daughter's marching band competition. It was 6 dollars a person to get into the field....It was drizzling and quite windy. My hubby, son and I paid our 18 dollars only to find that the band that was leaving the field as we were walking in...was my daughter's!


                               Marching Band With Geese
                                        source   




Then later while on a late night run to the supermarket my debit card was denied and lo and behold I could not find my credit card...that little plastic debt maker was sitting pretty on my bureau at home. I had to ask the cashier to put aside my order so I could race home to get the card. Not too embarrassing....ugh!
             

source





On the way home the slight rumble of my car brakes became a scraping noise that could probably be heard for miles. Today we spent 270.00 (sound of credit card groaning) to fix the pads and rotors. 
              Basil hits car
                                    source




This afternoon the wind howled preparing for a storm (that really never came) my husband and I were out on the field watching my son in his cross country meet. Since there were not many parents there we took it upon our selves to be their cheering section. 



           "Hey, great job guys!"

               "Go Go Go!"

                       


When my son came home I thought he would be pleased that we were there in that windy chilly afternoon cheering them on. Well.......NOOOOOOOOOO. He was embarrassed! He actually said " Hey Mom, could you tone it down a bit when we are on the field.You're loud."




      Tone it down?????


               Oh yeah?


                       Really?



So naturally after all this bad ju ju and nonsense brought about by good old Murphy and his stupid law....




  I'm kicking "Murphy" to the curb 

                           

      ... and looking to Amazon to possibly buy a megaphone.....Tone it down?







                    My son doesn't know it yet but Murphy might make an appearance at his next meet......
                               
                                               source
                        


                  



            

13 comments:

  1. Funny! Well, I mean about the megaphone, not the other stuff! Yes, I do find that for myself these things seem to happen all in bunches!! But all you can do is try and laugh about it. and make others laugh as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stinky bunch of events! We just had to have pricey work done on both our vehicles...booo!!!

    I hope you do get that megaphone:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of that megaphone is sounding better and better each passing minute! Thanks Alice for supporting my craziness! LOL!

      Delete
  3. LOL!! Murphy is usually living with me. I have tried so many times to get rid of him but he keeps coming back. Your Murphy and my Murphy must be identical twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's good to take Murphy with you. You may be able to ditch him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Thanks Delores...First I'll go to the DMV then, to my tax guy's office....then off to the supermarket!!!!

      Delete
  5. Funny post. Love all your little gif's. Your son sounds like mine, they just don't understand how much we love them!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny. When it rains it pours. I hope things change for the better.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!