Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Weekend Away

 


                     So last weekend we went "camping" (Is it considered camping if you're in a cabin?) with some church family. This is our third time with them and our hundredth time in our happy place in upstate New York.  It was sooooooo needed. I had no idea how much I needed to get away. We were away from TV, internet and all negative distractions. 



In the morning the lake was covered in a misty veil (of which I forgot to take a picture). I stood there in silent awe as if I had never seen it before. Every year the lake touches my heart with its beauty.


We visited just a few weeks before the trees would burst with color. Summer was hanging on by a thread and the Autumn cool would nudge its way in at night.
We laughed and played silly games during the day. The men took over the grilling. We had SIX grills!

Dinner Menu
Thursday
Thick steaks, Spanish rice, salad
Friday
Smoked ribs, potatoes, fresh homemade coleslaw
Saturday
Adobo Chicken, Jasmine white rice, Grilled Pork Butt Steaks sliced thin

needless to say we ate very very well.

We played Christian Music and then switched to 60's and 70's too. I was surprised at how familiar all the kids were with our "Oldies songs". 

At night as we sat around the fire cooking our "schmoes" (smores, but I like saying it the "TOY Story" way) We played silly pranks, and retold hysterical stories. lastly we said our sleepy "goodnights". I was sad to see yet another day end, but as much as I tried I could not make it last longer.


Before we knew it the weekend ended and the sad pack-up began early on the last day. I went into town early for some fresh bagels for breakfast...no cooking, greasy clean-up or waiting for grills to cool down. We sat down to an assortment of bagels and cream cheese and butter, fruit, coffee cake, orange juice and apple danishes.
We gave hugs and lingered in the beautiful surroundings til it was almost silly considering we all live within minutes of each other!!!

Goodbye Lake, see you again soon






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!