Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Changes and Valentines Day





                   So It's the day before Valentines day...MEH.
                                  Image result for meh
                                                      source

I'm feeling so sick and don't even know if I'll see my hubby tomorrow. We are in the mist of some serious changes in our family.

My father-in-law is in the hospital and my Mother-in-law has medical issues that need someone to be with her at all times. We moved my Mom closer to us 10 years ago so that I could help her as she becomes more and more dependent on help for everyday things. So we worry and care for three elderly family members in one way or another.

Recently the Hubster and his brothers have taken turns staying with their Mom at night. They are learning something new every day about caring for their Mom. This is a strange time. So many changes.

We have a child away at college and another getting ready to leave soon. We are in our 50's and are directly in the middle. It's a weird time and we know so many of our friends are in the same boat.

Sometimes it can be very very overwhelming.

Sometimes it's hard to talk (or in my Husband's case) even sleep. And when he does occasionally get that elusive rest... when he wakes up I immediately see the furrows of his brow forming and the dreaded nervous anticipation of what decisions will have to be made that day.

              Maybe Valentines day thing is not such bad thing. It's corny and totally unnecessary. My husband knows I love him and I know he loves me.

But this year we need to feel young again. We need to feel that elusive quiet of NORMAL LIFE before the crap hit the fan.

and if it never is again;  then we need a day to pretend that it is...just one day.

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Do I feel for you! It is such a hard time taking care of loved ones. I agree about the day, we know we love each other.....and our anniversary is Friday. I have nothing yet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KIm! Doesn't it gets harder and harder to get the right gift? Happy anniversary and enjoy your special day!!!

      Delete
  2. OH, I am so very sorry! This must be so hard. And at your age it is getting toward time to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, I'm afraid thats not the case for us an a lot of friends our age. I long for it to be as before

      Delete
  3. Being the caregiver in the middle of two generations is so demanding. I pray that you will find strength and peace. Have been there with you, and struggled as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, I'm comforted by the fact that so many of my friends understand because they are going through the same thing. Thank you for your prayers

      Delete
  4. That is very difficult for you. My father fell a year ago. He is doing okay and is living alone (turns 95 in June) but it falls on my sister who lives nearby him in Florida. I live in California. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you were able to be with your husband on Valentine's Day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby and thank you! It's a weird time in our lives isn't it? We worry for our kids AND parents. As stressed out as my husband is with work and his parents, he still managed to bring home a tulip plant and chocolate for me! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!