Wednesday, April 04, 2018

D is for Donuts



               I completely forgot about the A-Z challenge...Let me back-track a bit. In the last week there have been a few emergencies in our family. Like driving ten hours to get our daughter at college because she became really sick; to two trips to the emergency room with my own mom...and a bunch of stuff in between.

Its been (needless to say) a bit hectic. 

        So hectic that I forgot about the A-Z challenge


I'm sitting here in my messy living room trying to accept the fact that I haven't written anything at all and the challenge is already up to the letter D.

So instead of coming up with a brilliant post...something that will knock ya down, pick you back up and knock ya down again...


I'm thinking about Donuts.


I want one so badly


There's a dunkin' donuts down the road

and I'm thinking about getting in my little car and getting one ( or dozen)

But I know if I get that one (or dozen) I will regret it because I'm supposed to lose weight.

I also have a wedding next week and I need to look my best

and Lord knows that If I have that one donut (or dozen) I will expand at such a rate that my once sexy dress will become a sexy donation in the Good Will pile.

What to do what to do

               Such a dilemma of epic porportions

               I shall resist

               I shall not falter

               I shall

               I shall

             
               I shall look for some Dunkin' coupons because I know they're here somewhere!

12 comments:

  1. I wanted to take part in this challenge too but I think I would have to go at a slower pace. Hope you get something sweet to eat! It's probably a good thing I can't eat sugar....but I miss it sometimes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the a-z challenge because it forces me to write everyday. I hope I can keep up!

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha! When can you pick me up? It really helps with the guilt when you go off your diet with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh GINNY!!!! I'm so happy you're back! Yes, I wish we lived close by! I could use a buddy to cheat on my diet with!!!

      Delete
  3. Donuts are known to possess medicinal properties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doughnuts are my comfort food. Fortunately I don't care to pay a big price for a mediocre doughnut in our town. But, in the town next over is a bakery that sells doughnut holes that taste like doughnuts from what I remember as a kid. One doughnut hole is all I need to satisfy me. I was hoping for one of those doughnut holes this afternoon on the way from elsewhere. They were all sold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello ! Ahhh a good donut place is GOLD ;0) Hope you get your treat soon!

      Delete
  5. There is a place by us called PIPS that has the cutest little mini donuts! I am not a donut kind of girl though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wasn't! I know my waistline would thank me ;0)

      Delete
  6. The donuts sound so good. Try to take it easy on yourself, you are under a lot of stress. Hope your mom and daughter are better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, yes they are....now on to the next "adventure"!

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!