Friday, March 30, 2018

It's Friday...But Sunday's a Coming!



              As a child Good Friday scared me. Our Church would re-enact in our town the walk that Jesus took as He carried the cross. Our church would get together and as we continued walking (and stopping so that the youth group could act out the scenes) more and more people would join in.

As a child I wondered why they would called it Good Friday when something so horrible happened then.

As I grew in my faith I realized because God's promise had been fulfilled....because Jesus had done what he said he would do, we know what the outcome was. Every Good Friday I try to place myself in the "sandals " of his followers then. How scary it must have been. How sadness and utter helplessness must have overtaken those that witnessed His suffering.

But we know what happened

       We share in knowing what they did not yet know.

               We know....Sunday's Coming
     
                          



                               

4 comments:

  1. Amen. So good to read your post. I’ve missed reading your posts. I’m slowly getting back to blogging. God Bless. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally! I to have just started to post regularly. It feels really good to be back. I'm glad you're back too!

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!