Monday, March 05, 2018

What I've Been Up To


My best friend is getting married.  I am so excited for her. Her fiancé is sweet and kind and so loving...They make a perfect match. I was so surprised and honored when she asked me to be her matron of honor.

Her bridal shower was this past weekend and I made the centerpieces for her.

It was a labor of love.

I worked on them a very long time.

Her wedding theme is Books. She and her fiancé are avid readers.

So I decided to add flowers made from old books to her centerpieces.

if you look closely you will be able to see them.

My daughter and I got to the venue early to set up and when my friend walked into the room the look on her face was pure joy. I feel like so many hurdles tried to derail what I was trying to do. Getting sick was the last, but seeing her face made everything worth it.

                                   





Have a  beautiful week!!!



             

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the centerpieces and adding the book page flowers - genius! So darling and beautiful! I am sure she loved them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. It's great to be back here and to read such an uplifting post.
    Everything looks elegant. She's lucky to have your loving, thoughtful touches and friendship.
    Be well and keep celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very clever! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!