Saturday, February 16, 2019

My Daughter's Broken Heart




                    So my Daughter's boyfriend broke up with her...day after Valentines day after standing her up ON Valentines day.

Oh, he's a peach
arielle kebbel eye roll GIF by NBC


Needless to say she is heartbroken


Now, as a mom when you hear your child so upset and you can literally feel her pain what do you do?





What I wanted to do was go there and gently talk to the guy and ask him why he felt the need to hurt her in that way....yea, just talk...




                       bitch slap slapping GIF



I wanted to drive the 5 hours to her school and sit with her and be her comfort 
big hero 6 friendship GIF by Sky
                source

But she's no longer a little girl. She'll be 21 soon. She didn't want me to drive there. We talked for a while and somewhere I remembered an article that stated that a parent dealing with this situation should never say bad things about the child's EX boy/girlfriend (in case they get back together then you'll be the bad guy because you said all these awful things).


OK, I failed big time with that rule because I think I hold the record now for saying the word 

Image result for animal ass cartoon +   Image result for hole...in a single conversation
               source                              source



By the end, she chose to spend the night at her girlfriend's and I'm sure they were a great comfort.
hug gif GIF
                   source




As for me I'm still getting use to the fact that I can't swoop in and fix things for her. This is something that she is going to have to hurt through.



...but she knows I will always have her back....
and no matter what,  she just has to say the word and I'll be there
big hero 6 friendship GIF by Sky
               source





6 comments:

  1. You did good! And she will recover and find someone who deserves her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, I know she will. I think this is God's way of saving her from even more hurt.

      Delete
  2. We don't like to see our child upset all we can do is be supportive

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been there a few times and it is so hard when your children are hurting. I'm so sorry she is going through this. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!