Sunday, January 30, 2022

First Big Snow Storm of 2022

 


                     Well, tonight we're getting our first significant snow storm of the season. Its officially a Nor' easter an its giving us a walloping. It just started and its not supposed to slow down til tomorrow night. Winds are expected to be 50 miles an hour. 



Next day:

When the kids were little I loved storms like this. We'd hunker down and play games and sometimes camp out in the living room if the power went out.

But now they are in their 20's and both have jobs that require them to show up no matter what. The roads are quiet except for the scraping of the snow plow that came by earlier. As i put the ketle on I wonder  why is it that hot chocolate always tastes better on days like this?

Yesterday and today I made sure my own mom had everything she needs for the next few days. She didn't want to wait out the storm at my home. She's warmer in her apartment.

We woke up to this...

                               

                                                             the front of my home







  

and this

                                                  my daughter's car

and this...

                                                       

son's car

and this.....

                                                    

                                                         There's a back yard there somewhere

and this...                                               


No, its not a picture of a baby parrot hatching out of an egg

I guess the snow on the roof is a little too much on my small kitchen extension. We now have a leak on our ceiling.

So instead of playing in the snow with our kids like in the old days; they helped us dig out a bit.

But tomorrow....I can promise you I WILL be starting a snowball fight with my family. I don't care how old they all think they are.

                           Vintage Snow GIF by US National Archives 

                                                       source

2 comments:

  1. So much snow as I sit here drenched in sweat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes LOL Well look at it this way....when i'm sweating in 90 degree weather...you'll be nice and cool!

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!