Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Stay-Home-From-School Day

 


               It's a cloudy cold day here on the East Coast. Its the kind of day where you just want to stay home, put on a thick blanket hoodie, watch old movies and eat homemade soup.

Yeah Its that kind of day. Stay-home-from school day. The kind where you weren't so sick you suffered, but sick enough for Mom to say..." Go back to bed, no school for you today"

                   MomsRising.org | Share Your Story: Do you have paid sick days?

                                   source

I find myself yearning for that feeling of comfort and safety.

Did you have those days?

When I stayed home from school in the winter my mom always made a home-made soup for me.

Depending on what I was suffering from; It was either a simple broth or it was loaded with potatoes, ham or chicken. She substituted rice for noodles because she knew I hated when the noodle got really mushy. Yuck.

We watched Lets Make a Deal

                              Let's Make A Deal: 2 funny contestants - YouTube

                                                       source

I slept for as long as I wanted

and.........


Ok, sorry for the interruption. Reality pushed in.  I had to stop typing to do grown up crap like clean and gasp at the time...and ultimately wonder what's for dinner. Cook,...groan at the laundry and then try to do it all again for my elderly mom.

I'm tired.

I need a stay-home-from-school sick day from 1972

Can I make a go fund me page for that?

...and if it's possible I want a baby blue Lanz flannel nightgown so I can pretend to be Laura Ingalls from Little house on the prairie, 

                                    1981 vintage ad -Lanz of Salzburg nightgowns Cute Girls ...

                                                      source

 ...and can someone throw in the Barbie Dream House that I always wanted too?....just sayin'.                       

                  VINTAGE 1970'S BARBIE DOLL DREAM HOUSE A FRAME COMPLETE ...

                                                                 source

Here's to sweet memories of having Mom all to myself and cheering for whoever won the grand prize behind door #3.

                                             

                     LET'S MAKE A DEAL! The Monty Hall Version | Groovy History

                                                   source


            

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!