Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Christmas 2021 Was a Bit Different

 

         Welp.... this "finding joy right where I am" thing is getting a bit hard. 

Serves me right for trying this at Christmas time. I mean what was I thinking? 

                     Overwhelmed for the Holidays: An Adoptive Parent's Guide ...

                                                                           source

Everyone is getting sick with covid.

It seems everyday I hear of another friend or their family member at home with covid.

Right now I know of two friends and two friend's kids with it and then my own young adult child woke up feeling crappy. Its hard to get an appointment to get tested. 

My friends who work in the medical field are overwhelmed with cases.

My own daughter who works in a clinic says they are overrun with people needing tests and care. She came down with it right after Thanksgiving.

As it turns out, my son came down with Covid and so did my Husband. Unfortunately, My husband ended up in the ER on Christmas morning due to a scary complication.

I was not allowed to be there with him.

Thank God, he was out by late afternoon and we celebrated Christmas really late, fully masked and more than adequate distance from each other. With the help of my Instant Pot, Christmas dinner was made in record time and was eaten by my hubster and my son in their rooms... and my daughter and I ate together. My elderly mom stayed in her apartment safe from the scare of Covid, but still enjoyed a full Christmas meal I made for her. 

Then continued the insane task of caring for my quarantined family and elderly mom.

and this is where the finding of that elusive joy came in.

I was grateful that no family member got worse.

I was grateful that I had the energy to care for my family.

I was grateful that I or my mother did not get Covid as well.

I was also so grateful for the help of my sweet daughter as she pitched in to help with everything that needed to be done.

So my Joy came in the form of strength and endurance when usually I struggle with those very things.

I hope you have a healthy start to the new year and tell me...did you find joy today?

                    Finding joy in difficult time

                                                                     source

3 comments:

  1. What a great attitude you have! That is about the only way we can make it through something like this. I hope they all recover quickly and you have continued good health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Are you the same Joanne who used to follow me? Where have you been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, Yes I am! I stopped writing in my little blog after my Mom got sick the first time. I just started to come back to it and I am so glad I did!
      Blessings, Joanne

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!