Friday, September 11, 2015

I Remember





   


         I remember every second of that day.


                     I remember the faces of the children that would learn that their parent had died.


                           I was working in a school and I remember our utter shock and dismay and how hard we tried to hide it from the children.

                                I remember the Hope we felt waiting to see if if someone, anyone could be found alive in all that destruction.


                           I remember feeling frightened

                              I remember feeling a sadness that was palpable and thick.

                                    I remember feeling so angry.


              I remember feeling so proud of those that gave all...who tried valiantly to save lives.

              I remember a city that came together to show the world that they stood firm in spite of the unthinkable and unfathomable





               For as long as I live I WILL ALWAYS Remember and pray that it never ever happens again




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!