Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!


                               Image result for happy mothers day 2018       


   Happy Mother's Day To all the beautiful Moms out there!

                                   and the ones who might not feel so beautiful too!



When I first had my daughter I knew that my body would change but I had no idea how much!


         A day after I had her the doctor came in and palpated my stomach and when he did It felt like he was mushing on a bag of jello.


After we brought my sweetie home I was....


                    let me see...


                           um...


                                 how can I put it .....



                                           A FLIPPIN' MESS!


Suddenly I had no shape...no wait I did.... I was the shape of a potato.


         a big lumpy potato


                 and nobody told me that the boobs would turn into huge painful boulders after about a day of being a mom.


                         and the leaking! Every time the baby cried there seemed to be a faucet attached to them.



  

If I wasn't changing my blouse because of the boobs, then I was changing it because all of a sudden I was sweating all the time...I'm talking pit stains the size of Texas.

My feet were still swollen and my skin was dry.

and to top things off the Zippity Doo Daa was....was... lets just say every time I went to the bathroom, I yelled in pain...I sort of sounding like this...


                  


Yes, Mommyhood was a big adjustment...It shocked me and it shook me


         and from the beginning...from the moment I saw the extra line on that pregnancy test.


            I knew my life would never be the same. 


              I had a beautiful new baby that I loved all my life, but I had just met.


                    Does that make sense? 


                           I thanked God for every painful, ugly moment. I thanked God for it ALL!!!! I received the greatest gifts...My Two children.



                                        Happy Mother's day!!!

                     Enjoy and God Bless! 

                                            Joanne


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, I hope yours was beautiful too!!!

      Delete
  2. What came as a shock to me was how hard breast feeding was, I thought it would be easy but it wasn't daughter number one just wouldn't latch on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joa-Anne, I had difficulty with both babes, but they got the hang of it. Wouldn't trade that experience for anything!

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Joanne.
    Many more blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopin you had a lovely Mother's Day! Cute post - and so true haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie, yes, it was beautiful. Thank you!

      Delete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!