Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fashion Wednesday~~Barefoot in the Park? Nope, Just at home.

When I was little My Mom would always yell at me to put on some slippers. I couldn't help it...as soon as I crossed the threshold of my home the shoes and socks would come off and the rest of the day and night I would walk around barefoot. My Mom would say "that is why you have big feet Joanne because you walk around like that!" I have always sort of hated shoes.

Every year I would find another pair of slippers in my stocking and no matter how cute there were...(my mom tried so hard) They would inevitably end up being out grown before being worn out.

Funny...one of my favorites movies is Barefoot in the park starring Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. One because I think it's hilarious and two I love the fashions Jane wore. really cool!








Here are some slippers...can you guess which ones I would wear? Which ones do you like?




Simple cushy comfort

       source


                                                                      These are perfect to let the pedicure dry.
                                                               
                                                                           Source

Dino feet


        source
  
                                                                     These make almost everyone say AWWWWW
                                                                            
                                                                                    source
                                                                           
                                                                                  


                                                                                                           
                                                                      



     Microwavable Slippers!                                                                                                                  
                   source

                                                             
                                    You can keep the tootsies warm and mop the kitchen floor at the same time!
                                                                    
                                                                                   source

These are perfect for Halloween


                       source


                                                                These say Va va voom!
                                                                  
                                                                                source



                                                                Do these look comfy?
                                                                       
                                                                                              source

                                           
                                         These strapless slipper stick to your foot
                                                   
                                                                    source



you don't have to go to the park you can take the park with you wherever you go

                 source


And I would be crazy not to include one of the most famous slippers of all!....Cinderella's,  technically not a house slipper but....... I just love this part of the movie!

                   source



Could you guess which ones are my favorite? Answer will be posted in the comments tomorrow. Meanwhile do You wear slippers or like going barefoot? any of these make you want to wear them?

20 comments:

  1. I like that movie, too. I would guess that the ones that you like are the ones with the grass in them. That way you would still feel like you are walking barefoot! I would wear slipper socks, only because I would constantly trip wearing slippers. I generally don't like wearing them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like slippers until they make my feet all sweaty. Barefoot is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to guess the mopping ones. You might as well get something done if you have to wear some!

    I like the idea of the strapless ones.

    I never ever wear shoes unless I absolutely have to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of those "mop" slippers and they work great on my laminate floors!
    I've tagged you for the 7x7 challenge- see my post today for details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JOANNE! I haven't been able to comment on posts with embedded comment forms for months, and I had no way of telling you since your email is private, you're not on twitter, and of course, I counldn't leave a comment. But thanks to computer geeks and some searching/digging for the problem, I fixed it! Hooray. I'm so glad to be back, commenting on your blog. :)

    I like the grass flip flops most. Just saying. But I prefer going barefoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pink tubey looking ones are crazy! I'd be curious to see how someone liked them!

    Are the kooky-monster ones your favorite? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that play, Barefoot in the Park, but I don't think I've seen the Robert Redford version of it as a screen play.
    I don't like shoes either. Barefoot is best!
    As for the slippers . . . I think I like the bunnies and the dino feet the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go barefoot in the summer and socks and warm slippers in the winter.

    I think you like the red high heel slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've narrowed it down to three....the strapless thongs, the grassy ones and the slippers with the mop attached. Probably for you, the strapless slippers.
    Found you on Rae's 7x7 links.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an array of slippers! A wide range of choices--but I wear fake-birkenstock sandals in the house, or go bare foot. I do love the monster slippers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to say the grass slippers...they would remind you of a "walk in the park"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would think your favorite would be either the pink strapless spa ones or the one with grass. I have tried to go barefoot for 50 years. Yes!!! I have a strange story. Whenever I go barefoot, within minutes I run something into my foot. And I'm not just talking splinters. I run HAIRS in my foot!!! They hurt and you can barely see them to pull them out! I can't figure it out, someone told me my foot skin needs to toughen up, but how would I do that? By walking barefoot, so it's a hopeless cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like to go barefoot in the summer...but as winter approaches I will need the microwave slippers:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. barefoot is fun, until i get a splinter. then i go with sandals until i forget how much the splinter hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love being barefoot but my toes get too cold so now i wear slippers. these are really cute ones

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not sure if I have ever been to your blog but I love it!! I think I would like the microwavable slippers. They sound like heaven for a cold winter night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, Joanne, I really, really think those blue pedicure slippers are calling my name. I must start dropping major hints John's way (once the pain of the tooth extraction is gone of course - haha).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to guess the ones that stick to your feet...only because they almost are like not wearing slippers. :-) I love to be barefoot too. When my feet get cold...I like to wear fun socks. Sometimes mismatching ones!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone for your great comments! Which slippers are for me?..The Mop ones. They are so crazy looking and the fact that I could clean at the same time would be awesome! I have seen a version of these at my local target...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you wear bunny slippers? I have pink slippers on right now! Here in Florida we wear slippers and sandals year round! I would NOT like those that stick on...eeee! I bet the microwave slippers would be warm in the winter! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!