Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's a Girl Thing

       Last night my Hubby came home to announce that he has to be at work early tomorrow. He knew that I had an appointment and that I needed to be there at 8am.

        "Sorry Hun" , he said "  he wouldn't be able to help the kids with breakfast and putting our son on the bus.

Awwwww Shucks




OK , I'm not really perturbed. You see my appointment tomorrow was to be with the um...you know ....the er um......Gynecologist.


I'd rather have the boobage smushed in back to back mammograms than go to one GYN appointment. The following is why...



1. I know you need a urine sample but why is the waiting room full of people on the way to and from the bathroom? There's nothing so awkward as walking down a hallway with a cup 'o urine
                                      
                                             source



2. Why so bright in there? Can't we dim the lights, have a few h'ordeuvres and maybe a little drinkie before you put the spot light on the shangrila?
       source





3. Can we have a little music for cryin' out loud? Every stomach gurgle and nasal whistle is amplified a hundred fold!
                                              
                                                        source





4. Lastly why do you always say..."now scoot down just a bit more...a little more....a little more"
Seriously what is it that you want to see?....My liver?
                                             
                                                      source




I have to say that I have a wonderful Doctor and she takes her time to explain everything but even so... I'm glad I had to postpone my date with the metal speculum for at least another week....two tops.






9 comments:

  1. This is funny, and you are SO right! The silence is unnerving, a little music would be nice, especially when your stomach is rumbling because you couldn't eat before the blood tests and you are nervous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No such thing as modesty at those appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I rue the day when I have to go for that appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! You put my thoughts into words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hated going to any doctor, I still do. I always opt for a lady doctor if I can. They are more compassionate and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I don't blame you. Doctors appointments are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i try to talk my way out of those appointments as often as possible

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is funny how you describe the exam process at the Gyno

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - I think those are the most dreaded appointments imaginable.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!