Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fashion Wednesday~~~Pearls


Do You have pearls? When was the last time you wore them? Do people still wear pearls?
I wore pearls (costume) for my prom and wedding and perhaps during my Madonna wanna be phase...but I digress.I have always wanted a strand of real pearls ever since I saw that episode of I love Lucy, but thought I would probably mess them up or break the strand. When I watched old 50's sitcoms I was convinced that just about every housewife cleaned the home in apron and pearls and wondered why my own mom didn't. When I went to Sea World way back when;  they had an attraction where girls dressed like mermaids would swim and retrieve oysters and opened them in front of you to hopefully reveal a beautiful pearl. Mine was value at 21 dollars.


1920's  long and alluring

     source


                            Robert Seed Pearl Choker and Brooch
                                                    
                                                                 
                                            source






Coco Chanel~~eclectic strands
  
                  source






                                                                                               
                                                 Grace Kelly ~~~Sophisticated
                                                                                                 
                                                   
                                                            source                                                



  Jacqueline Kennedy~~Regal
   
                 source




                                                      Madonna~~ Cluttered pearls
                                                        
                                                                    source






                                                                                                    

           source


                                                      
                                                                               source






I like the old fashioned thin strand of pearls. Do you have a set or wish you did? Which of these would you wear?

11 comments:

  1. I have some pearl necklaces, but rarely wear them. I do kind of like the black ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several strands, including some that belonged to my grandmother. The string I wear the most though are black pearls my hubby gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ii've alway thought pearls where classy and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new daughter-in-law wore pearls at her wedding last week and gave the bridesmaids a gift set with matching earrings. I think they look great even with a casual sweater and jeans. I'm not a jewelry person myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some costume pearls once upon a time. I can't remember what happened to them. I don't wear much jewelry myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have real pearls, only 2 costume pearl necklaces. They can look quite elegant, but I usually opt for a little bit of shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ginny~I have seen lots of examples of the black ones...I should have posted a picture of one!

    @ Mynx~ The older ones must be beautiful!

    @ Becca~ Me too! though I never think of wearing my fake ones...maybe I should!

    @ Rae~ I think perals look great with casual wear too...like Audrey Hepburn!

    @ Kim @ Stuff could~ I hear Ya... I only wear my wedding band everyday.

    @ Darlene~ Yep me too. but seeing all the different styles I may get myself a single strand pearl necklace (fgake of course) and see how it looks

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Beth~ I used to wear jewelry but I find that I only wear my wedding band and that is it. I don't even wear earrings anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wearing lots of jewelry and I DO have a pretty strand of pearls that my youngest son bought me when he traveled to China. I would wear any of the strands of pearls...love Madonna's style best! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. My spouse, the education tipster looks great in pearls. Your photos are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have any pearls but I like them.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!