Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekends Are Full of Hope and Thank God For That

             Today was a another beautiful sunny Fall day. We woke up a bit later than usual and as is our ritual we had a big leisurely breakfast. I love Saturdays and Sundays. Saturdays especially are one day that anything can happen. As a child the most incredible adventures happened on the weekend. To me these days are full of ...Hope. These are the days when breakfast isn't rushed and lunch doesn't come in a lunch box. As a kid weekends were two days to hang out and have fun; as an adult its a few days to reconnect, renew, and rediscover. Today was no different. Invited to my Brother and Sister-in-law's house today for a quiet dinner is always great. My Daughter and Nephew who are both 12 are six months apart and so they act like brother and sister....(without the fighting) and my 9 year-old tags along and they don't mind. Grandma and Grandpa took the long drive out to spend time with family and enjoy great spaghetti and meatballs...And especially to see and enjoy our latest addition to the family ...my sweet baby niece who is 11 months old today, but who took 8 years to get here.  Because this morning and afternoon went by in a flash I feared that I would not have time to take ten minutes out to meditate or do anything by myself without being interrupted....until I spent time with the baby. My sister-in-law appreciated the time to finish cooking without the gently tug of the baby needing attention and I  didn't realize it but my wonderful ten minutes today were spent with " da baby" as my nephew likes to say. We sat on the rug and she showed me how she plays. She pushed buttons that played music, knocked down stacking bowls and hugged her little ladybug dolly. She even gave me a hug and I was in heaven. Playing with her made me think of how much she is loved and how much her parents prayed and hoped for her. Hope is an amazing thing isn't it? Whether it's the hope of having a great Weekend with your family or the hope of having another child. Without it life would be so sad indeed. Hope gives us reason to think yes,....it can happen. Thank God. So today I spent 10+minutes with a miracle...who is possibly cutting a tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!