Saturday, November 06, 2010

Lost my Wallet and Almost Lost my Mind!

              Please someone tell me that I am not the only idiot that's done this!  The only explanation is that I was not paying attention. I was exhausted and was in my least favorite place in the world...a supermarket.  I shop for both myself and my mother and sometimes it seems that I am in one of three supermarkets everyday of the week. Today was no different. I used the self checkout because it's faster for me. I paid for my Mother's stuff first, I put my wallet on the counter and then I scan my own next. The wallet was right in front of me the whole time.  When I got home I put all the groceries away and realized I had to go out for one more errand;  back in the car my kids and I went. When I got to my destination I realized to my horror that my wallet was not in my purse. I gasped so loudly that it scared my son. I was sure that I had left my wallet on the counter of the self checkout. We ran back to the car and raced to the supermarket. By the time we got to the super market parking lot I was frantic and my poor kids were on the verge of tears. I started to pray very loudly. As anyone knows we carry our lives in our wallets. In addition I also had My mother's personal information and checks that needed to be mailed out. I ran to where I had checked out and of course it wasn't there. I went to the costumer service counter and no one had turned it in. My hands shook as I frantically looked around for someone to help me. After just a few minutes I ran back to the car to see if possibly the wallet had fallen out and was wedged somewhere in the car but no luck. I prayed some more. My poor sweet kids prayed along with me without being asked and nearly started to cry.  I thought about Christmas and having to cancel all my cards and replacing my license and even having to inform my mom that I would have to change her info too. I prayed for solace. Suddenly, I felt the need to go home. I don't know why.I went home and there in the kitchen on the counter was my wallet. Funny thing was that my purse was placed on the love seat when we originally walked in the first time.....I'm sure of it. I could be wrong. All I know is that I spent ten minutes today thanking God for small miracles.   Link for good tips -->how to recover from a lost wallet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!