Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That Darn Stats Tab

One of my favorite Norman Rockwell
 Paintings. May we all
be grateful to God
for all our blessings
               I say every day I won't look at my stats I won't look at my stat
...s and of course I do. I don't know why. These numbers tell you how many views you've had on your blog and even where they are from.. I have one follower God bless Her. I think she took pity on me or perhaps decided to return the favor because I commented on one of her posts. Whatever the case may be-thank you 1st and only public follower. When I first started this blog I e-mailed all my friends and let them know about it. One, my friend T e-mailed back and said that she thought it was a great idea. Another text'd  that she didn't like one of my posts. Both my sister-in-law and best friend have read some and others simply never acknowledged the e-mail. Not a problem. In the last month I have received 350+ views on my blog. I don't know if that is good or bad. I don't know if there is anyone out there that is following it anonymously or even if any one of the friends I e-mailed even read a post. I am uncharacteristically unemotional by the results. I love to write... Period. I love to watch the words flow onto the paper and blend and twist into something that makes me sigh with fulfillment at the end. So I have decided in these ten minutes that It has taken me to write all this ...I am not going to click that stats tab anymore. It doesn't matter if a friend or someone in Istanbul takes an interest in this blog. I will be happy if they do but it doesn't matter. I will keep writing and and I will hope that someone out there gets a bit of enjoyment from my sometimes outrageously God-Loving city-girl suburban observations on life. It is with a joyful heart that I write these words and with a grateful heart I post them. Have a wonderful day guys. Thanks. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. From 1 to 114, pretty cool:)


    None of my family that know about my blog ever read that I can tell (from the stats, not that I'm checking ;P)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!