Saturday, June 04, 2011

Saturday's Question~~What Songs Pulls Your Heart Strings?

Saturdays question.



They say and when I say that I mean all the scientist dudes.

They say that smells are great memory triggers. I know that's the case with me. The smell of certain breads toasting will automatically take me back to my Grandmas. There is little Joanne sitting on a stool waiting for my Grandma to take out the toast from toaster that opened on the sides instead of popping on top.

Songs are the same way. Just those first few notes of a song can bring us right back to that place where we first heard it, danced to it, fell in love while hearing it or danced at our wedding to it. Is there a song that does this to you?




 Is it a 50's song?
                                                  
                                                                 



                A song from a band that sounded like they were on helium?.. but damn it still sounded good!
                           
                                                                


                                         
                                         Was it sung by cool sounding New Yorkers?
                                                        
                                                                   
                                           

                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                           
                                                   

                                        Or Coolness from across the pond?
                                                    
                                                                           


                                               


                                                   


                




                                                                                   Were the lead singers Girls?
                  


                                                    



                                                   







                                Or did they Sport the androgynous look?
                              



                                                   

                                                                                                                  Smooth Sound? 

   Grunge  rock?                                                                                                                                            






Is it the swooning type of voice that does it for ya?



Or something Off the Wall? 
                                                                  



Is it a catchy little tune?
    

           Or Classic Throw your underwear on stage type 'o song?                                     
                                                     
 Was it scream your head off til you passed out sort of diddy?                                             
          
                                                                                                 
                                                                 
              Or once it's in your head it Never leaves kind of tune
                                                                 

 Smooth slow love song ? Or dance in a circle with friends at a wedding song
                                                        
                                               

Do any of these bring back some memories? Mine comes from Johnny Ace Pledging my Love. It was my Wedding song. Before that my husband then boyfriend was in the army and he and I both loved 50 and 60's songs. he play me a cassette with this song and we knew that it was our song. When he went back to the base from leave he lost the cassette and Hubby was so upset he even went dumpster diving just in case he had thrown it in the trash accidentally. When I heard he had gone to such extremes to try and find it my heart melted. I knew I had someone very special in my life. It was just as important to him as it was to me. So what song does it for you?  What song reminds you of your First love, Last love, Only Love or Almost love?                                                                           

3 comments:

  1. When you wish upon a star - was our wedding song. But the song that has always brought a tear to my eye since I was a kid is 'Old Shep' - I still can't get through that without my voice cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, 40 years ago! Well, we were dating when some pretty goofy songs were popular, not necessarily my favorite ones but what was playing while we were dating. "Up Up And Away", "Grazing In The Grass", "Strawberry Fields", "Wichata Lineman". You can stop gagging now, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blue Velvet" by Bobby Vinton is one song of a sentimental time when romance was on my young mind, but not part of the reality of my life.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!