Monday, February 28, 2011

My Baby is 13 today


              At 7:40 this morning thirteen years ago I had a beautiful baby girl. I am not going to go on to describe the birth all I can say is OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCHIE OUCH OUCH OUCH! 

 What I got in return was a dream come true. I would endure a million times more pain for Her to be here.
  I had always wanted to be a Mom.
  As a child I would look at pregnant women and wonder what it felt like. When I saw that tiny positive  result on the pregnancy test stick I stood there in awe and disbelief. I was thrilled. Instead of dreading that stretching bulging belly I embraced  it. I couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes and as my due date came closer I was nervously very protective of my huge stomach. I knew that once the baby was out I would have to share her with the world. I wasn't ready for that; but on a very unseasonably warm February Morning after 24 hours of knife twisting labor I pushed my baby into this world. The pain instantly disappeared. I gazed at my baby...She was perfect. Her father and I looked at her and the rest of the world faded away. After phone calls to grandparents who must have slept by the phone because they answered on the first ring, we were back to just us three. I didn't know how much I could love someone; I didn't know how much I could worry about someone until I became a mom. 

           My Baby Angel you are still so perfect. You are sweet and kind and loving, and I can't believe that at 7:40 this morning you are officially 13 years old. I have had you for 13 years, But I have loved you all my life it seems because to your Dad and me our lives didn't officially start until you came along. Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby Girl. May God bless you always. 
                                                                                             I love you, Mom

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute to your daughter. Happy Birthday to your Angel. May today be one of the happiest days of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh sweets that is really a beautiful post! Have a wonderful day darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Guess what, your daughter and I share a birthday. I am a wee bit older. I hope her day was happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Retired English Teacher~ Happy Birthday!!!!!God BLess You!!!!

    @Beth~ Thank You so much.

    @Alexis~ Thank You. She had a wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!