Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ode To Bruce The Dog

       OK, first I'm going to apologize ahead of time to my great poet blogger friends because I'm going to try my hand at poetry now to avoid a rant ......sorry Becca and Lee.


Ode to the Boxer Dog next Door


Oh Bruce (not your real name ) what a deep and resounding bark you have

                   BARK  BARK  BARK 

I hear you repeat that sweet melodic tune ALL DAY LONG

                            BARK  BARK  BARK

You make my teeth clatter with joy and my hair stands on end with love for you


                            BARK  BARK  BARK


And even with all my windows closed I hear your operatic tone


                              BARK  BARK  BARK

My own Dog Max has learned to just sit and appreciate your song by burying his head in the couch cushions


                              BARK  BARK  BARK

Whats this? are my windows rattling? how sweet


                                BARK  BARK  BARK


And now Chee Chee the Chihuahua from across the street joins  in your song
                     
                                   YIP   YIP   YIPPITY   YIP

                          what a treat ..........


                                             ~HARMONY~    help me............blessings, Joanne

6 comments:

  1. LOL on this one. I was serenaded daily by minipins before I moved last spring. The bark of a minipin is pure torture so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness it sounds like a concert is going on! LOL Love the poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did great on the ode to barking. I enjoyed. The barking chorus around my house has corgis, boxers, goldens, mutts and coyotes. It is quite a musical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness loved this well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love your take on things. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne, thanks for your kind comment on my blog! :) Your poem is great, it made me smile - and cringe, because I have a barky dog and always worry about what the neighbours think... :) All the best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!