Sunday, December 12, 2010

Amish Christmas Book

Paintings by Freiman F. Stolfus

        I'm feeling a bit blue today. It could be a combination of the rain, finance worry, or perhaps its just because this time of year amplifies every emotion possible. Whatever the cause I'm blue today.Whenever feel this way I do three things. I pray/meditate read or watch part of an old movie. Today I brought up the rest of my Christmas books and I started to read one that was given to me by my sister-in-law who knows my love for all things Amish. It is the Christmas Story by Carol J. Haile and it is the story of Christmas but set in an Amish Community. Mary and Joseph are Amish. The Paintings are beautiful and the pages are written in calligraphy. The house is comfortably quiet as the kids go about doing rainy day activities and I will spend ten minutes with my Christmas book absorbing the colors and feeling the smooth pages and ultimately be swept away to another place another time. Have a blessed Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!