Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The 'Tude

imagesCAFSTLDS.jpg
To This

imagesCANT6ZSU.jpg
From this

           I mean attitude. I have a twelve-year-old girl. She is a great kid; straight A's, she's active in sports and clubs....but the 'TUDE is driving me crazy. Yesterday as I waited in my car (I was in a long line of parents waiting for school sports to let out) I saw her walking along side her friends and yes she was smiling! The moment she got into the car a pout and look of disdain formed on her face. What the .....
"Don't tell me we have to go anywhere else..plaaaaease." she said with a tone that picked at my nerves.
"Well, I do have to pick up....." I could say no more.
"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU........" She sounded like a person trying to blow up a balloon.
On and on until finally I brought her over to her Grandmas ( I'll have another post about that later I think) and took my son to get a shirt for his holiday concert tonight. I picked her up afterward and she got into the car with a huff. Later we had a little talk and things seemed better. She's changing, growing and I miss that little girl who would cuddle with me on the couch as we watched Dora or played games. She's changing and I'm not ready. Late last night as I went around the house doing my nightly check of everything (a touch of OCD I think) I went into her room and put another blanket over her because it was cold. I looked at her face and there it was...the same face that she had when she was born. There she is. My baby girl not gone at all. Just hiding behind the 'TUDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!