Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Not My Cookies. They are from Martha Stewart's Magazine
                   First, if you came to this post looking for recipes and picture of my gorgeous sugar and butter cookie masterpieces...I apologize 'cause ya ain't gonna see them here. They don't exist. Oh I have tried; In fact years ago I decided to make cookies as Christmas gifts and what happened was that I spent a fortune on quality ingredients, burned quite a few batches and subsequently I took a vow to never never try to bake those things again. you see, I didn't have a Mom that baked so I didn't either. Oh I bake Cakes and other types of desserts, but the art of the Christmas cookie has eluded me and it didn't bother me until this year. Everyone around me has been a baking fool. I felt a little left out. The fact is I want to be able to be that sort of mom that has these beautifully decorated cookies on hand for guest and as gifts ( damn that Martha Stewart!) So I reneged on my vow and last Sunday I looked at the pitiful, tasteless slightly burnt hockey pucks that I baked and said to my daughter.... "That's it....come with me." We went to the supermarket and I got ( OK, all you great cookie bakers turn away) a couple of rolls of Toll House cookie dough. We baked our little hearts out and later my nine year old son said " Mom, you make the best cookies!" Take THAT Martha! 


First my daughter suited up for task at hand


She made chocolate chip snowmen


Last of my "Home made" cookies

 I've spent ten minutes looking for new cookie recipes and I'm resigned to the fact that I must be a glutton for punishment because I'm going to try baking again this weekend. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. As long as the cookies are Chewy soft you can send me a Dozen..... Make it two Dozen - one to share with J and the Girls and One for ME!

    LOL

    You are up today as #10 on the "12 Blogs by Christmas"

    hope it brings you a little bit of traffic.

    Danny
    Anything at Anytime

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!