Sunday, December 12, 2010

Four on the couch

Notice one of the little bears has a bit of a frown.
 I noticed the bear's expression after I took the picture It just made me laugh!
        Today was a good day. It was filled with our traditional happenings at this time of year. A breakfast of pancakes and eggs. Watched the Army /Navy game. I tend to shy away from it because I carry on worse then my Son and Husband do. We all went to the yearly Christmas light parade our local Fire Fighters put on for our neighborhood and they do a great job.The trucks were filled with lights and characters and the Fire Fighters and their families handed out candy canes. The float with the Nativity and three Wise Men handed out...of course wise potato chips to all the kids. Santa was there too. Then it was time for us to go back home and while my Husband and Son cringed and yelled throughout the rest of the game. I made home- made meatballs in sauce with penne pasta. I have finally (after 15 years)  been able to make a sauce my husband likes. Then more cleaning. Big dinner, Icecream for dessert then all of us sat on the couch to watch Santa Claus is coming to town. It took about ten minutes before I fell asleep. There we were all four on the couch cuddled together like hibernating bears. Bellies full, comfy cozy, safe and sound. Even though Army lost....again....I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!