Friday, December 10, 2010

Dancing at Target

Angelina Ballerina by Katharine Holabird
one of my Daughter's Favorite books
when she was teeny tiny
          As stated in another post I am not adjusting to pre-teen world as well as I had hoped. In fact talking to my darling Daughter lately has been like pulling teeth. Today is Friday; I picked her up at school after her volley ball practice and she entered the car with the same grumpy attitude she's had all week. Later we all went to an all-you-can-eat buffet for dinner. Something miraculous happened....she talked to me! And what is even more of a God Kiss was the fact that she and I were actually having a conversation. It was ...dare I say...pleasant? Yes, I'll say it. It was Fabulously pleasant! Later My husband and son stayed at home while I took advantage of the situation and  asked her to come with me to shop for presents for other members of the family. You could have knocked me over with a feather when she said yes. There we were in the middle of Target in the toy section.......she pressed a button that made a giant mickey mouse dance. She started dancing then I joined in .Two crazies dancing and laughing in the toy aisles. Her face was red from laughing and I'm sure security cameras must have zoomed in on the insanity. I could care less. On the car ride home I told her how much fun I had with her tonight  and then she said something that filled my heart......she said "Me too Mom."  Thanks God for those ten minutes of Dancing and acting silly....we needed it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. So many times I have danced with my girls in aisles of Target or some other store. The memories are precious.

    Those pre-teen years are so hard on mom and on the pre-teen. Hang on to those moments of joy while you are walking through those times of wondering where your sweet little darling disappeared to. The bond is established. It will last. It will continue to get stronger as each year goes by.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!