Friday, January 14, 2011

Evil Little Mario

Innocent looking....It's not my friends
             For Christmas my son got a few video games for the wii;  one of which is Mario. I watched him play and marveled at how cool it looked on the screen. It is one of the few games I can look at with out feeling nauseous and dizzy. I don't like the 3D stuff. So there he was playing the Mario game and I enjoyed the different sound effects and all those levels that he is able to successfully finish. Well, last night he left the game in the wii console and I must have past it several times as I made my rounds checking the house before bed....check the doors...hum..there's the Mario game........check all the windows...hum mario.............check the kids...........mario...make sure the dog goes out one last time.......................................Mario. OK OK so I sat down and started the game. Right off the bat my heart is racing 'cause I got some little brown gremlin guy coming after me. ahhh!!!! he got me!!! .......I let the dog in...........................race back to the game.......now I have some turtle guy after me too...My leg jumps every time the character jumps.  What the.... what are these pipes? oh ...coins ....cool! ONE HOUR LATER I've lost all feeling in my hands I'm sweating and cursing the castle  for having so many traps.This game is evil...I tell ya EVIL... oh it lures you in with it's cute little Italian character, but it quickly turns you into a slobbering cursing maniac whose only concern is how to get Mario up across a lava lake without being attacked by some Venus fly trap plant. I mean who thought of this game anyway....satan? or some Military genius from another country bound to trap our consciousness and sanity into wanted only one freakin' thing......that damn flower power thingy so you can kill cartoon turtles!!!!....I'm OK....I'm OK......breathe.......ANYWAYS......so the next day as I groggily prepared breakfast my son says "Hey has someone been playing with my game?" before I can deny it my husband says "your Mom has...and I think you should give her a time limit on it because she is getting addicted."
"Very funny." I said "I turned it on to see what the fuss was all about, That's all." total lie.
"Oh, wow you did good mom."  he looks at me with suspicion in his eyes.
My husband looked at me and smiled and I simply rubbed my wrist....damn if i don't have carpal tunnel ......I looked over at the wii........'til we meet again you evil little Italian cartoon....'til we meet again.

1 comment:

I LOVE comments...I think I'm addicted to them! they are like chips...oooo chips....or chocolate....yum...chocolate. Or like......can ya tell I'm dieting? Please leave me a comment so that I can keep my mind off of snacks!!!